Monday, July 1, 2013

Christmas in July!

So today is July 1st!!!  Happy month to everyone, and although It's only July I figured I would do a post about Christmas in July!!!     I am sharing my photos of my home decorated for the Holidays of 2012.  The way i dressed my dining room for Christmas Eve dinner, my all over home decor ( I know I can go a bit overboard!!!  Don't be confused in these photos, as i have 2 kitchens in my home.  Yes two kitchens.....only me (or a typical Greek wife?)  I am enjoying summer very much so but the thought of the holidays do warm my heart!


Okay this is my basement kitchen.  It's like a second house down here, but let me tell you, it sure does help when you are entertaining for a large group.

This is my lower level kitchen, yes I have two, but def. helps with your main dining room is on the lower level.




My dining room.  I don't have much of a dining room in my living floor upstairs so I figured for now I will create a beautiful warm inviting setting on my lower level :)


















When creating a buffet, take plain white platters and bowls of all different sizes and shapes and create different heights.  Either within the platter or simply take sturdy boxes or some sort of flat even base and raise a few points where some of the platters will lay.  Then take a table cloth and lay on top of the table and bases, place your platters on the intended base or area of table and there you have it, a buffet with raised heights.  Your food becomes much more appealing when it stands out and it's not all flat on the  serving table. 


 Who wouldnt want top have a formal Christmas dinner party here?   This setting is elegant, beautiful, and festive!





This is all my upstairs, my upper level!  My tree, kitchen, even bedroom decor!!! Call it over load but i just do love the holidays!!!!




 Even he likes to bake!
 Is it weird that I have two kitchens??  But hey! So festive!!!











 Holiday Baking!  Tsoureki! Sweet egg bread, a similar spicier version of Challah!




Our Guest guest bedrooms.









 Holiday Sparkle.








 I couldnt resist decorating the stair way going down stairs.















 A festive Mantle.






No comments:

Post a Comment